Novel Intentions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Louise

+2
JulesWilsom
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Greetings from Louise Empty Greetings from Louise

Post by Admin Sun May 28, 2017 12:05 am

I am just testing out the abilities of this forum. I haven't made one using this system before so I wasn't sure what I would see when I got here. Hi, I'm Louise from A334 and I hope you like the page. Smile

Admin
Admin

https://novelintentions.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Louise Empty Re: Greetings from Louise

Post by JulesWilsom Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 am

Hello Louise - I'm looking forward to using this

JulesWilsom

Back to top Go down

Post by MakepeaceLovejoy Mon May 29, 2017 11:19 am

Hi everyone, it's Jane! my username is also my twitter handle @MakepeaceLvjoy in case you were wondering who I am. It's nice to have our little corner of the world over here. Well done, Louise.

MakepeaceLovejoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Welcome Jules and Jane! It is lovely to see you here. If you have any particular recommendations on how to set this up please do let me know. If you want to add books you have read and liked (or really didn't) to the genre you think it fits best we can start the ball rolling. I should be free for the first took in years to take suggestions on books to read for pleasure Smile I have read so far mostly down the historical fiction, comedy, science fiction and fantasy direction but I am happy to try most things.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethan H Tue May 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello,
Put perfectly - our little corner of the world.
I agree that starting off with books that we have loved would be good, as long we don't get overwhelmed, I guess. Perhaps with time we'll evolve some sort of 'book of the month' or similar? I love the idea of reading books that I'd not have encountered otherwise. Next on my list - Milan Kundera's Festival of Insignificance (birthday present) and a re-reading of Julian Barnes' Sense of an Ending, as it came up in my thoughts the other day for no particular reason.  This'll be fun! Smile

Bethan H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 am

Welcome Bethan,
It does make sense, that way if there isn't too much going on at once we won't end up lost in it all. Let us know how you get on with the books and if you would recommend them for a group read?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethan H Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello,
Boys back at school after a busy half term.
The Festival of Insignificance was not my cup of tea, but might provoke a reaction!
The sense of an ending is far more worthwhile.
I'll try to set up threads under 'fiction'
Smile

Bethan H

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnaMcG Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello Louise & everyone else,

I'm Donna from A334 module. Thanks for setting this online book club up Louise Very Happy I'm looking forward to the chat, though I'll probably not be able to join in properly until 'life' quietens down - meantime, I hope everyone doesn't mind if I just 'dip in and out' on the forum to see what books have been recommended and add in postings when I can.

Just trying to find my way round this website. Do any of you know if you can modify your own board's appearance? Just finding some parts of the website a bit hard to read in parts - must be an age thing Wink Did find some info saying to go into the administration panel, then click on Management in the Styles Admin menu and choose one of the displayed themes - but couldn't find the admin panel. If we can't individually modify it is not a problem I will just use 'Zoom' tool tongue

Okay, back to the main topic of books study I read Sunset Song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon, which I loved and now 'trying' to find time to read the rest of the trilogy. So the book I plan to read next is Cloud Howe.

Bye for now, Donna x

DonnaMcG

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Donna,
Sorry I responded to this thread earlier and it doesn't seem to have added it. It's totally ok that you're going to be in and out, we all understand. Changing the template over to the classic one I was told was possible by clicking the little menu button on the right and choosing classic view. This should make it blue/grey and plain text. I don't know if it works, let me know if it doesn't or you can't find it and we'll look into it further.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelaT Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi, this is a great idea - thanks for setting it up.

Donna, I read Sunset Song last year as part of A300 and then the rest of the trilogy in the following summer. Loved them. The film out last year was pretty good too I thought. Great characters. It was one of my A300 favourites. Very Happy

AngelaT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum